Welcome to the website of soprano Lucy Fitz Gibbon!
Summer 2019/ 2019-2020 season includes:
Stay tuned for more updates!
- May-June 2019: Premieres of works at the New American Music Festival with the Albany Symphony
- June-August 2019: A fourth summer at the Marlboro Music Festival. Performances include:
- Saturday, July 13: Schubert - Psalm 23, D. 706 - with soprano Kristina Bachrach, mezzo Rebecca Printz, contralto Sara Couden, and pianist Lydia Brown
- Sunday, July 21: Schubert - Ellens Gesänge, D. 837-839 - with pianist Evren Ozel
- Sunday, July 28: Widmann - String Quartet No. 5, "Versuch über die Fuge" - with violinists Brian Hong and Alina Kobialka, violist En-Chi Cheng, and cellist Marcy Rosen
- Wednesday, August 7: Hindemith - Die Serenaden, Op. 35 - with oboist Nathan Hughes, violist Nobuko Imai, and cellist Julia Yang
- Thursday, August 8: Webern - Sechs Lieder nach Gedichten von Georg Trakl, Op. 14 - with clarinetists Bixby Kennedy and Yoonah Kim, violinist Joseph Lin, and cellist Timotheos Petrin
- Sunday, August 11: Schubert - Kantate zum Geburstag des Sängers Johann Michael Vogl, D. 666 - with tenor Miles Mykannen, baritone Simon Barrad, and pianist Lydia Brown
- Sunday, August 11: Beethoven - Choral Fantasy - with pianist Jonathan Biss
- July 25, 2019: Lecture-recital with art historian Timothy Barringer and pianist Ryan McCullough at Yale University
- August 12-18, 2019: Residency at the Avaloch Farm Institute with pianist Ryan McCullough
- September 6-8, 2019: Premiere of Anna Lindemann's The Colony; UConn Storrs
- September 19-21, 2019: Recording of Sheila Silver's Beauty Intolerable for forthcoming CD, also featuring Dawn Upshaw, Stephanie Blythe, Kayo Iwama, Gilbert Kalish, Ryan McCullough, and others.
- September 29, 2019: Premiere of Barbara Kolb's new orchestration of Lukas Foss' Time Cycle alongside works by Geoffrey Gibbs at URI; Kingston, RI.
- October 4, 2019: Widmann String Quartet No. 2, "Versuch über die Fuge," Schoenberg String Quartet No. 2, and selected songs by John Dowland, arr. Steven Prutsman, with the Aizuri Quartet at the Harvard Musical Association.
- October 2019: Tour with Musicians from Marlboro, performing Brett Dean's String Quartet No. 2, "And Once I Played Ophelia"
- Saturday, October 19: Indian Hill Music; Groton, MA
- Monday, October 21: Weill Recital Hall, Carnegie Hall; NYC
- Wednesday, October 23: Philadelphia Chamber Music Society; Philadelphia
- Thursday, October 24: Freer Gallery's Meyer Auditorium; Washington, D.C.
- Sunday, October 27: Longy School of Music; Cambridge, MA
- November 23, 2019: Premiere of new work by Shirish Korde with Boston Musica Viva
- February 7, 2020: Works by Bartok and Janacek with the Brooklyn Art Song Society
- March 2020: Tour with Musicians from Marlboro, performing Handel's "Nel dolce dell'oblio" and Kate Soper's "Only the Words Themselves Mean What They Say."
- Sunday, March 1: Music at Bunker Hill; Sewell, NJ
- Monday, March 2: Weill Recital Hall, Carnegie Hall; NYC
- Wednesday, March 4: Philadelphia Chamber Music Society; Philadelphia
- Thursday, March 5: Freer Gallery's Meyer Auditorium; Washington, D.C.
- Friday, March 6: Mandell Hall, University of Chicago; Chicago, IL
- Sunday, March 8: Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum; Boston, MA
- April 3, 2020: Bach's St. Matthew Passion with the Kalamazoo Symphony
- April 25, 2020: Selections from Canteloube's Chants d'Auvergne with the Eureka Symphony
Stay tuned for more updates!