Welcome to the website of soprano Lucy Fitz Gibbon!
2018-2019 season includes:
Stay tuned for updates!
- August 2018: Recitals with pianist Ryan MacEvoy McCullough at the Trinidad Bay Music Festival (CA) and in Trumansburg, NY
- October 2018: Premiere of John Harbison's IF, a monodrama for soprano and ensemble, with Boston Musica Viva. The Boston Musical Intelligencer praised Lucy for her performance, writing, "Harbison's vocal line is more dramatic than lyrical--this isn't Shepherd on the Rock--and Fitz Gibbon conveyed it with admirable flair, moving from woe to bitterness to irony with perfect conviction and plausibility."
- November 2018: Barber's Hermit Songs with pianist Michael Brofman and the Brooklyn Art Song Society
- November/December 2018: Handel's Messiah with the Eureka Symphony
- December 2018: Sidney Krum Young Artists Concert Series presents Sweet is Thy Voice: The Song of Songs in Concert at the YIVO Center (works ranging from Bach and Monteverdi to Yiddish operetta, to contemporary works by David Lang, Loren Loaicono and Na’ama Zisser)
- December 2018: Works by Babbitt and Wuorinen with WA and clarinetist Charles Neidich at the Tenri Cultural Institute in NYC. Read a review here!
- January 2019: Debussy's Cinq poèmes de Baudelaire with pianist Roger Moseley
- February 2019: Recitals with Ryan MacEvoy McCullough at Cornell and Colgate Universities, featuring a premiere of Andrew Hsu's Reticence alongside the US premieres of works by mid-20th century Polish composers Roman Palester, Tadeusz Kassern, Grazyna Bacewicz, and Alexandre Tansman.
- February 2019: Reena Esmail's Meri Sakhi ki Avaaz with Hindustani vocalist Saili Oak and the Richmond Symphony Orchestra
- March 2019: Recital with bass-baritone David Salsbery Fry and pianist Ryan McCullough at Cornell University
- April 2019: Lecture-recital with composer Anna Lindemann and pianist Ryan McCullough at the University of Connecticut in Storrs
- April 2019: Anna Louise Walton's Small Songs with MATA
- April 2019: Songs from Mahler's Des Knaben Wunderhorn with Harvard University's Dudley Orchestra
- May 2019: Handel's Aminta e Fillide with soprano Marie Marquis and the Cornell Baroque Orchestra under the direction of Morton Wan
- May 2019: Mendelssohn's Lobgesang and Bach's Magnificat with the Cayuga Chamber Orchestra
- May 2019: Premieres of works at the New American Music Festival with the Albany Symphony
- June 2019: Recital at the SongFest music festival in Los Angeles, CA, with pianist Ryan McCullough
- June-August 2019: A fourth summer at the Marlboro Music Festival
- July 2019: Lecture-recital with art historian Timothy Barringer at Yale University
Stay tuned for updates!