Welcome to the website of soprano Lucy Fitz Gibbon!
2019-2020 season includes:
Stay tuned for more updates!
- September 6-8, 2019
Premiere of Anna Lindemann's The Colony • University of Connecticut, Storrs
- September 19-21, 2019
Recording with recording engineer Judith Sherman of Sheila Silver's Beauty Intolerable for forthcoming CD, also featuring Dawn Upshaw, Stephanie Blythe, Kayo Iwama, Gilbert Kalish, Ryan McCullough, and others
- September 29, 2019
Premiere of Barbara Kolb's new orchestration of Lukas Foss' Time Cycle alongside premieres of works by Geoffrey Gibbs (Elegy for a Second Mother) and Robert Christensen (Monhegan Trilogy) • University of Rhode Island
- October 4, 2019
Widmann String Quartet No. 2, "Versuch über die Fuge," Schoenberg String Quartet No. 2, and selected songs by John Dowland, arr. Steven Prutsman, with the Aizuri Quartet • Harvard Musical Association, Boston
- October 2019
Tour with Musicians from Marlboro, performing Brett Dean's String Quartet No. 2, "And Once I Played Ophelia." Read more about this piece and the spring Marlboro tour here.
- Saturday, October 19: Indian Hill Music; Groton, MA
- Monday, October 21: Weill Recital Hall, Carnegie Hall; NYC
- Wednesday, October 23: Philadelphia Chamber Music Society; Philadelphia
- Thursday, October 24: Freer Gallery's Meyer Auditorium; Washington, D.C.
- Sunday, October 27: Longy School of Music; Cambridge, MA
- November 2019
Filming for PBS' Now Hear This, Season 2 Episode 4 (Schubert) with pianist Ryan MacEvoy McCullough and host Scott Yoo
- November 16, 2019
Clara Schumann's Sechs Lieder, op. 13, with five students from Lucy's Cornell voice studio and pianist Roger Moseley
- November 17, 2019
Judge of Binghamton University Concerto Competition
- November 23, 2019
Premiere of Shirish Korde's The Conference of the Birds • Boston Musica Viva
- November 25, 2019
Earl Kim's now & then and Three Poems in French with Callithumpian Consort • New England Conservatory
- December 8, 2019
Webern's Sechs Lieder nach Gedichten von Georg Trakl, Op. 14, and Fünf Canons, Op. 16, with Charles Neidich and Ayako Oshima • WA concert series, Tenri Cultural Institute, NYC
- December 21, 2019
Handel's Messiah • Davis, CA
- January 18, 2020
Recital with mezzo-soprano Stephanie Blythe and pianists Kayo Iwama and Ryan McCullough. Premiere of Alan Smith's Surfing the Thin Places and US premiere of Adela Maddison's Cinq mélodies with pianist Ryan McCullough • Sparks & Wiry Cries' songSLAM Festival; DiMenna Center, NYC
- February 7, 2020
Works by Bartók (Falún) and Janacek (Diary of One Who Disappeared) • Brooklyn Art Song Society
- February 19, 2020
Lecture-Recital with pianist Ryan McCullough and art historian Timothy Barringer • Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT
- March 2020
Tour with Musicians from Marlboro, performing Handel's "Nel dolce dell'oblio" and Kate Soper's "Only the Words Themselves Mean What They Say." Read more about Kate Soper's work here.
- Sunday, March 1: Music at Bunker Hill; Sewell, NJ
- Monday, March 2: Weill Recital Hall, Carnegie Hall; NYC
- Wednesday, March 4: Philadelphia Chamber Music Society; Philadelphia
- Thursday, March 5: Freer Gallery's Meyer Auditorium; Washington, D.C.
- Friday, March 6: Mandell Hall, University of Chicago; Chicago, IL
- Sunday, March 8: Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum; Boston, MA
- March 16, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19
Earl Kim's Three Poems in French • Cornell University
- April 3, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19
Bach's St. Matthew Passion • Kalamazoo Symphony
- April 19, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19
Poulenc's Gloria • Cornell's Glee Club, Chorus, and Symphony Orchestra
- April 25, 2020 - POSTPONTED to 2021 DUE TO COVID-19
Selections from Canteloube's Chants d'Auvergne • Eureka Symphony; Eureka, CA
- May 14, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19
Selections from Sheila Silver's A Thousand Splendid Suns • Seattle Opera at Opera America's National Conference; Seattle, WA
- June 3, 2020 - POSTPONED to 2021 DUE TO COVID-19
Recital with pianist Ryan McCullough. Program to include works by Alan Smith (West Coast premiere of Surfing the Thin Places), Adela Maddison (Cinq mélodies), and Debussy • SongFest; Los Angeles, CA
- June 5, 2020 - POSTPONED to 2021 DUE TO COVID-19
John Harbison's Milosz Songs with pianist Lydia Brown in a celebration concert • SongFest; Los Angeles, CA
- June 11, 2020 - Modern premiere of Moses Milner's 10 Children's Songs of Y. L. Peretz for YIVO Institute for Jewish Research; online performance with pianist Ryan McCullough.
- June 27, 2020 - Recital with Ryan McCullough featuring works by Sheila Silver, Adela Maddison, and Clara Schumann, The Stissing Center (Note: this concert will be live-streamed only; the video will remain available after the performance. Program notes available here.)
- July 1 & 4, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19
Larcher My Illness is the Medicine I Need; Brett Dean And Once I Played Ophelia with Doric Quartet, West Cork Festival • Bantry, Ireland
- July 17 & 19, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19
Guest Artist • Kneisel Hall, Maine
- July 17, 2020 - Made at Avaloch Livestream Performance of works by Sheila Silver.
- July-August, 2020 - Voice Faculty, Kneisel Hall (online)
- July-August, 2020 - Artist residency at Yellow Barn
- August 2020 - Recital with Ryan McCullough featuring works by Sheila Silver, Adela Maddison, and Clara Schumann, Music Barn on Deep Hollow (Note: this concert will be live-streamed in the event that an in-person performance is not possible.)
- August 2020 - VIVO music festival; Columbus, OH
Stay tuned for more updates!